ADULTERATION – THE UNSEEN DEVIL!
January 5, 2018
ARE YOU 100% SURE ABOUT THE MILK you’re consuming is unadulterated & fresh for you & your family?
Adding inferior or foreign substance in milk has been very common in India. There have been various types of adulteration including some advanced adulterations.
REASONS FOR ADULTERATION:
- To make milk taser
- To enhance the fat % in the milk
- To decrease the input cost of the milk
- To increase the shelf life of the
- To increase the quantity by adding synthetic milk
- COMMON ADULTERATION INGREDIENTS IN PRACTICE:
- Palm Oil
- Urea / Shampoo
- Sugar, Salt & Glucose
- Detergent & Synthetic milk
- Vanaspati Ghee
- Formalin & Ammonium sulphate
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Adding other SNF (Solids- Not Fat)
There are various kits to check Milk Adulteration. However, we’re too busy to check the quality milk in the early morning on daily basis. It’s very much necessary for us to be mentally relaxed for the milk which we consume is from the right source and consistent.